• Buy local organic produce.
• Avoid as much heavily processed food as much as possible.
• Make moves towards a more seasonal diet.
• Volunteer at a food garden. It’s the easiest way to learn what’s in season, and have access to free fruit, veg and herbs grown in the best possibly way.
• Grow your own. It’s healthy for you and the environment.
• Consume less meat.
• Know the source of meat.
• Forage. The best way to learn is to find people who have the knowledge and learn from them. It’s fun and a good excuse to get outdoors!
• Do more to assist and encourage individuals to build a healthy sustainable relationship with food.
• Understand that there will be immeasurable savings on healthcare in the near and distant future.
• See Urban Food Gardens section.